I’ve taken a bit of a break from Project 1 and sewed something different! So I looked online and found a really cute and easy pattern on tulip hats from The Cottage Mama! I needed something away from Project 1 and all the other things I’m seeing because they’re starting to feel more like a… Continue reading Tulip hats!
Following the list I put out last week I have decided that the eye brow is definitely too big and needs to be fixed. I have began cutting longer swooped? Curved? Slanted or whatever else you want to call them pieces. I used three brown fabrics. Two are about the same shade, but different textures… Continue reading Project 1: lunatic fringe I know you’re out there
Tonight I did no sewing whatsoever. I decided instead to really look over my project and be really critical of myself. I’m not saying I beat myself up over the thing but I nitpicked and listed the things I don’t like, wish I could change (maybe I can?) and started to think about how I’m… Continue reading Project 1: A Review
Sundays are my favorite days. Mainly, because all the stores and most businesses are closed around me and most people don’t leave the house. Which is a plus for me because I hate leaving the house. So, today I spent the entire day watching the Great British Bake Off, Sewing, and baking cookies in our… Continue reading Project 1: I should probably think of more clever titles but here are the lips
Happy Sunday! I spent my day catching up on Great British Bake Off and doing a bit of sewing. Last time I worked on project 1 I was a little weary about the nose. Today I sewed down the pieces. The problem was after. Originally when I put the 3rd fabric on it to make the… Continue reading Project 1: Nose Job
NOSES ARE THE WORST. This part was definitely the part I thought I would have the most trouble with and so far, I was right. It seems like it would be an easy portion because it is mostly the same color, but that was a majority of the problem. I started out by using tailors… Continue reading Project 1: Noses are the worst, it’s official.
Happy Sunday! I spent the morning outlining, placing and quilting the upper eyelid and eyebrow of my self portrait quilt. When I quilted the eye I made the mistake of placing the pieces on an angle instead of horizontal on the batting. This made it kind of difficult to size the batting for the eyebrow.… Continue reading Project #1: Eyebrow